Or PBOB for short. Actually it’s a ‘Peanut Butter Oreo, Cookie Brownie’ but that was too long for the title.
PSA these are not healthy. At all. If you want veggie substituted, sugar free, everything free snacks then you may as well close this tab. The only thing ‘free’ is gluten because I don’t own any gluten products in my house but feel free to use either 🙂
I’m not going to explain my entire life story and how soulful this experience was (absolutely fine if people do this, just not my style and I find it incredibly annoying when trying to find the darn method). So enjoy the video below or scroll ahead to find the written ingredients and method.
9 tbsp unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups white sugar
3/4 cups cocoa/hot chocolate powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup peanut butter (if you don’t have PB Oreos)
Normal kind is best but I have a huge variety of American flavours that I need to get through so I thought peanut butter/chocolate would fit well.
1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature – very important)
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180C and grease a foil-lined square pan.
- Melt the butter in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water. Add sugar and cocoa powder once it’s melted. Whisk until combined and remove from the heat (feel free to make a cuppa with the hot water).
- Add salt, vanilla extract and eggs, whisk until everything is mixed.
- Add the sifted flour, mix and set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to combine room temperature butter and the two sugars.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, continue mixing.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and mix until everything’s incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Layer the cookie dough in the pan ensuring it’s even.
- Add enough Oreos on top of cookie dough in one layer.
- Pour brownie batter over the Oreos so nothing is peeking through.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Test with a knife to ensure it comes out clean.
- Leave the cookie brownies to rest for 20 minutes on a wire tack.